PDA

View Full Version : New 7.8.14 MV 15 software

dougweil
08-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Hi all:

I just downloaded the new "S" software into my 4500 and 3500 (new CPU) and just have a couple questions.

1. I notice on the EFIS display, the sky color is now a consistent bright blue versus the previous "gradient dark blue" previously. Is that intended or something in my boxes?

2. On the MAP display with the engine instruments displayed at the bottom, the engine area background is transparent such that the map features are visible in the engine display area which clutters the engine display such that it is hard to read sometimes. Again, was this intended or my problem?

3. The terrain display seems much more "pixelated" that what I imagined in the past (my new boxes did not have terrain displayed before). Is this how it should be?

Sorry for the annoying questions. Still learning the systems. Otherwise... great!

Doug Weiler

Trevor Conroy
08-30-2010, 08:37 AM
Hi Doug
1. Can you verify your synthetic vision key is still installed? Please go to CHECK -> MAINT -> ADMIN -> ABOUT and look towards the bottom half of the screen, to the right of INSTALLED KEYS. If you have an all bright blue horizon, that is indicative of no SVT.

2. Customers have indicated that in some cases with a lot of weather or zoomed way in on the map, it can be cluttered with the new transparent engine screen. Overall, we have had a lot of positive feedback about that feature, increasing the screen area subtly.

3. Hi-Res terrain is on our short list. When zoomed way in, the terrain is somewhat pixelated. It is a limitation of the data we are using.

dougweil
08-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Hi Trevor:

I don't have Synthetic Vision on my units (I didn't buy that option). So I guess the briught blue screen is normal. Thanks for the rest of the info. Just still understanding the system!

Doug