PDA

View Full Version : ethernet hub source

lux wrangler
08-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Does anyone have suggestions of good sources for purchasing the ethernet hub?

NoahF
08-12-2010, 08:08 PM
There have been a few threads on this. Here is one option, if you look closely, you might see that this unit is sold by a big panel shop for a lot more money!
http://ccontrols.com/ctrlink/eiba.htm

Trevor Conroy
08-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Even that is probably overkill. A basic 4-port Linksys or NetGear unit with a metal case is sufficient. They can be found at BestBuy or RadioShack. Just be sure any vent holes are oriented in such a way that water could not enter the unit.

NoahF
08-13-2010, 01:05 PM
The nice thing about the Ccontrols version is that it includes a flange with holes for mounting to a piece of structure or the subpanel. None of the other hubs / switches I have seen have any provision for mounting, since they are made to sit on the floor behind your desk. And it is made for unfiltered power too, no power adapter required.

ArjanPlomp
08-15-2010, 06:34 AM
I use the linksys SD-205 and it works like a charm. Is 12V so plugs right in and I was able to use it's metal case bottom mounting holes (just modify a few screws and it will work. Absolutely nonsense to spend much more than the $35 unless you have a money tree and a shredder.