PDA

View Full Version : Contact Us Advanced Flight Systems

Byron Covey
05-18-2019, 02:41 AM
Is the contact form on the web site monitored?

What are typical response times for questions submitted there?

What are typical response times for returning telephone calls?

Thank you,

BJC

Byron Covey
05-23-2019, 04:35 AM
No posts from either Rob or Shawn for over two weeks. No reply to telephone message to AFS. No response to question submitted to the Contact Us on the AFS web site.

Anyone know what the status of AFS is?

Thanks,

BJC

Rob Hickman
05-23-2019, 02:47 PM
When did you post on the contact form and under what name?
I will see if our IT People can figure it out

Rob Hickman
05-23-2019, 02:49 PM
The best way to contact us is to email support@Advanced-Flight-Systems.com

Rob Hickman
05-23-2019, 03:32 PM
Is the contact form on the web site monitored?

What are typical response times for questions submitted there?

What are typical response times for returning telephone calls?

Thank you,

BJC

Byron,

We show you filled out the form on May 9th at 11:28AM and Don responded on May 10th at 3:38pm

Have you checked your SPAM folder?

Byron Covey
05-24-2019, 02:25 AM
Rob:

Thank you for checking. I re-checked my spam folder and inbox, and I have not received Don’s response. My internet access, however, is via Centurylink, which is a terrible service.

I would appreciate it if Don or you could resend the response.

Thank you.

Byron

Ronsim
06-25-2019, 10:47 AM
I notice that no tech support (Shawn, or others) has been posted for some time ----- I left a couple of phone messages last week, and have posted on the forum a couple or three times in the past several days ----- all is quiet ----- starting to get concerned since AFS has been great about quick replies/comments. I tried to email a couple of times but for some reason, I got kicked out before it would send. I saw a couple of responses from Rob on the RV forum last week, but nothing from tech support.

Ron

Byron Covey
06-26-2019, 05:01 AM
FWIW, I exchanges a few emails with Rob following my post above that started this thread. My questions on their web site had an error (mine) in the email address field. I corrected that, and also sent a screen shot to Rob, at his request, on June 2, but have not received any responses to my questions. I agree, this is uncharacteristic go AFS. I hope that Dynon hasn't mucked up AFS.

Rob Hickman
07-03-2019, 07:39 PM
FWIW, I exchanges a few emails with Rob following my post above that started this thread. My questions on their web site had an error (mine) in the email address field. I corrected that, and also sent a screen shot to Rob, at his request, on June 2, but have not received any responses to my questions. I agree, this is uncharacteristic go AFS. I hope that Dynon hasn't mucked up AFS.

The email on June 2 said "So I believed that it was taking a charge. Sorry for the confusion." So I did not realize you still needed help?

-Rob Hickman

Rob Hickman
07-03-2019, 07:45 PM
We have been extremely busy and we are currently trying to hire more people. Our sales were way up last year and in the first 6 months of this year our sales are up over 50% so we are trying to manage the growth. We have implemented a new Zen Desk tech support email and phone system and I suspect we are still working through the bugs. If you have emailed me and don't get a pretty fast response I did not get it or somehow missed it.

Ronsim
07-06-2019, 07:50 AM
Thanks, Rob ----- Ken sent me a new software update --- I installed it, and, this morning, flew toward a line of thunderstorms off the coast ---- the Nexrad appeared on the screen, disappeared after about 30 seconds, and then, a minute later came back loud and clear! ---- looks like the new software took care of the problem.

Ron

Byron Covey
07-09-2019, 07:49 AM
The email on June 2 said "So I believed that it was taking a charge. Sorry for the confusion." So I did not realize you still needed help?

-Rob Hickman
Rob:

The original request / questions were about:

1) Connecting the IBBS Pin 2 “Battery Info” to the AFS 5500 Exp. Cable Connector Pin 13 “Volts2”.

I went ahead and did that. The IBBS as well as the AFS indications appear to be working / displaying properly.

2) The AGL, altitude above ground, does not work. Looking for guidance on where to start troubleshooting.

This is still a problem. Still looking for guidance.

3) I connected a GDL-82 Pin 21, “Fail” switch, to the AFS 5500 Main Cable Pin 8 “input #3”.

Still need guidance on how to activate an audible and or display message “UAT Fail”.

Apparently, I had a typo in my email address in the original web site request for information. I sent the corrected address to Don, and asked that he resend his response.p to the corrected address. I have not received a response to that.

Thank you.

Byron Covey

Shawn McGinnis
07-25-2019, 04:09 PM
2)...AGL does not work...

Do you have the HRTERRAIN folder on the USB drive and is synthetic vision working properly? Post a picture of your CHECK -> ABOUT page, the bottom shows what GPS is feeding that data.

3)...how to activate an audible and or display message “UAT Fail...”

SET -> Hold CAL -> Inputs -> Set input #3 Usage to Generic and label it "UAT Fail"

Byron Covey
07-26-2019, 07:52 PM
Do you have the HRTERRAIN folder on the USB drive and is synthetic vision working properly? Post a picture of your CHECK -> ABOUT page, the bottom shows what GPS is feeding that data.Will do when I get home from Oshkosh. Thanks.

SET -> Hold CAL -> Inputs -> Set input #3 Usage to Generic and label it "UAT Fail"I was omitting changing the usage to Generic.

Thank you.

BJC

Byron Covey
08-25-2019, 06:06 PM
Do you have the HRTERRAIN folder on the USB drive and is synthetic vision working properly?Synthetic vision is not working. The USB drive does have HRTERRAIN, and is in the upper USB port. Does it need to be in the lower port on the 5500?

Thanks,

Byron Covey

Shawn McGinnis
09-04-2019, 09:06 AM
Which port shouldn't effect the EFIS. Be sure to properly eject the drive from the computer.

If this is a new drive be sure that you are using FAT32 filesystem and that the label is set to AFS_DATA.