PDA

View Full Version : finishing the setup on my 3500

kentb
07-26-2010, 09:34 AM
I have the hall effect amp sensor. At idle it is reading -1 amps, but if I turn on my landing lights it reads 6 amps. I don't think that it was setup for my engine/alternator.

After shutting down the engine it reads -7 amps. The a2d is reading 1676, so I set the 0 amp value to this. the other value is for 35 amps and is 2327. I have a 60 amp alt. Is this the correct value and did I set the 0 amp value correctly?

I also have a GNS430 hooked up through arinc as per the manual. The 430 give me the following error when it powers up "Not Receiving input data on 232 channel #1". What does this mean. I am guessing that I need to change the setting on the 430 or the EFIS.

I have alt. information to the 430 via gray code encoder.

Kent

Trevor Conroy
07-26-2010, 02:12 PM
Kent, the amp sensor is calibrated for 0 at our facility before it ships out, so if you changed it, it will likely be inaccurate. You will want to calibrate the 0 point with everything OFF and the EFIS running on battery power. Are you sure your hall effect sensor is turned on in Instrument Calibration and it isn't the shunt reading you are seeing (even if you don't have a shunt)?