PDA

View Full Version : AOA calibration manual for AFS-5600

PAN-Denmark
07-29-2018, 01:39 PM
Hi - Finally got my AOA installed and am about to do the calibration. I found the RV6 settings here, but the actual calibration including hangar-setting I can't find in my manuals or maybe I am looking the wrong place ?
Does anyone have the EFIS instructions for calibration ?? I want to nail it before heading to the skies with a fellow pilot to do the inflight settings.

regards
Per
RV-6A
Denmark

Shawn McGinnis
07-30-2018, 03:17 PM
http://dynonavionics.com/af-series-documentation.php#5000

AF-5000 Series Pilot Guide Version 15.0 Page 35

PAN-Denmark
07-31-2018, 04:25 AM
Ok - thanks- I understand that there is no hangar calibration needed, but when I look in the AOA setup- I usually see a speed indication of around 12kts - even inside sealed hangar ?
I am using the Ray-Allen Flaps position indicator - and it works fine, but I can't seem to get the donut to turn on and off. The "Use flaps position" is set to yes.
The AOA is also crossed with red - see photo.

regards
Per

Shawn McGinnis
07-31-2018, 08:40 AM
Looks like your AOA Module Config isn't setup properly.
What type of AOA pressure receiver are you using (Dynon Pitot/Wing Ports)?
Where do they connect (EFIS or SV-ADAHRS)?

PAN-Denmark
07-31-2018, 11:28 PM
Looks like your AOA Module Config isn't setup properly.
What type of AOA pressure receiver are you using (Dynon Pitot/Wing Ports)?
Where do they connect (EFIS or SV-ADAHRS)?

the connection is at the EFIS (OS:1) (Older version AFS-5600) and I use wing ports.

The system was bought 2nd hand, but the AOA was never used by the previous owner. I seem to recall some serial number to be entered to activate the AOA ? is this correct ?

If you need files from the EFIS let me know.

regards
Per

PAN-Denmark
08-01-2018, 02:40 AM
I took a look at the System.AFD file for my PFD unit.
It looks like AOA is not installed/enabled ? The tube fittings are on both my screens.

Thoughts ?

Shawn McGinnis
08-01-2018, 09:46 AM
My guess is that the screen wasn't purchased with the AOA key. Use CHECK -> ABOUT and see if on your Keys: line it includes AOA. If not contact Tricia at 503-263-0037 x 2 or sales@advanced-flight-systems.com with your serial numbers from the same CHECK -> ABOUT page and she can verify and send you the keys.

PAN-Denmark
08-01-2018, 10:11 AM
I found it... it was disabled on the system... so I enabled and the AOA responds now.
Last question: what is best practice - as I have 2 units with AOA modules installed. Should they both run internal and no network between each other or should PFD take the lead and transmit AOA data to the secondary screen ?

Shawn McGinnis
08-01-2018, 01:18 PM
Two units with the wing ports connected to the back of the units should cross-check each other by using AOA Module Config: HW:WING NET:TXD.

PAN-Denmark
08-02-2018, 12:03 AM
perfect - many thanks.