PDA

View Full Version : Alarms and Power Off Times

MarkCS
06-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Ever since I loaded the new software into my 3400/3500 EFIS / EM I have experienced the following symptoms which I did not have before:

Random alarm 'beeps' but with no associated voice warning when on the ground. When revs increased and take off all seems to go back to normal. No obvious reason for headdset warmings as all parameters ok.

With the battery master off, I turn on the engine display on its internal battery power, to monitor start up. All comes on fine but powers off after 30 secs unless keep pressing a button, a real pain. It used to stay on for 5 minutes as per the user manual, but keeps on trying to power off after new software load.

Anyone else had similar issues?

Regards

Mark

PS: Still no European maps!!!

recapen
06-25-2010, 04:45 AM
I have experienced the same 'beeps' with no associated voice warning on the ground too. I wish there was a way to capture 'alarm' events to help us calibrate our alarm setpoints...to reduce nuisance alarms.

Rob Hickman
06-25-2010, 12:01 PM
We will have a new software release available next week that has the shutdown and beep on startup fixed. The new release will also have new flight director and autopilot interface software. Starting with next week’s software release all systems will use the new MV-15 map database. The free AFS map data and the Jeppesen worldwide data will be available in the MV-15 data format. This will eliminate the need for separate EFIS software to support the Jeppesen data.

lancair390
06-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Rob,
I'm using sw 7.02.01 with the european map-trial. But had no chance to fly the aircraft since.
Will the 5 hours map-trial still work when I change to the new sw version.
Also will the serial port #2 --> ARINC work on this version as promissed?
Can't wait to get the plane back in the air next month...
Christian

recapen
07-05-2010, 03:45 PM
How bout an update?