PDA

View Full Version : Tank calibration

PAN-Denmark
04-17-2017, 09:27 AM
Hi,
I have tried to setup the two tanks on my RV-6A in my AFS 5600. I have measured the resistance in the float sensors with ground and get variable numbers depending on how much fuel is in the tank - so that part is working (also the sensors worked before the "makeover").

When I connect the single wire from left tank to pin-20 (internal EMS board) on the 37-pin d-sub and right tank to pin-21 I get no AD_Value on neither tanks. I tried with empty tank and adding fuel but no changes.

If I switch and connect to 22 and 23 instead (tanks 3 and 4) I can get the right readouts. Am I doing something wrong ? The meters for tanks 3+4 are much smaller and I would prefer to have the sensors on tanks 1+2 which are much more readable.

Can I totally reset the tanks and start over ?

cheers

Per A.
RV-6A, Denmark

Shawn McGinnis
04-17-2017, 10:09 AM
If you are getting AD_VALUE: 0 it means the EFIS was built for Capacitive tanks and should have a C at the end of the part number.

You will need to add a pull-up resistor of ~1kΩ for each tank between Pin 19 (+5V) and the tank's input.

PAN-Denmark
04-23-2017, 09:38 AM
Thanks so much !!! I also discovered the "c" in the part number. - got two pull up resistors @ 1 kOhm and the tank gauges works great now. Great support !!!