PDA

View Full Version : IFD540 to 5600 Flight plan data

rvdave
12-07-2016, 05:17 PM
I have the IFD540 wired as a Gnav3 source through ARINC and the data test shows recognizing the ARINC and the frequencies selected on the 540 so I know there is communication there but can't get the flight plan data to show up when I select flight plan Gnav3 source. Shouldn't the flight plan data entered on 540 instantly show up on 5600? I don't yet have gps or Nav antennae hooked up, should that make a difference?

Shawn McGinnis
12-08-2016, 09:59 AM
The flight plan comes in over the AVTN connection, the software will look for a AVTN/ serial port that is not assigned as a G/NAV source to pair with the ARINC connection.

rvdave
12-09-2016, 07:19 AM
Not sure what my settings should be-- my port 3 is 71400 AFS ARINC, port 4 is IFD540, should that be selected as Avtn/FADC?
GPS/NAV3 source--should it be Remote ARINC or SV- ARINC or serial port 3 or port 4?

I'm assuming GPS/NAV 3 should be set to SV-ARINC so it can be seen by other screens?

Shawn McGinnis
12-12-2016, 04:06 PM
Specifically for you:
GNAV1 should be set to Serial Port 3 as the IFD is probably your primary GPS/Navigator. Other backup sources should be listed after. Serial port 4 should not be defined as a GNAV source as it is automatically included into the GNAV1 setting. Other screens should have their GNAV1 set to Remote ARINC

Generically:
If you have the AF-ARINC 71400 (Sliver Box) you would set the GNAV source to the serial port that it is wired to. Other screens should be set to Remote ARINC.
If you have the SV-ARINC-429 (Black Box) you would set the GNAV source to SV-ARINC. Other screens should be set to SV-ARINC if they have access to the SV-NETWORK otherwise set to Remote ARINC.

rvdave
12-24-2016, 02:30 PM
I did not have the ifd540 set up and once I did that and got it configured everything worked