PDA

View Full Version : Jeppesen - Europe Maps

PAN-Denmark
10-04-2016, 01:24 AM
Hi,
I am in contact with Jeppesen to get European Map Data for my two 5600's. It seems as Jeppesen wants me to purchase 2 licenses for my devices - so I could have Map data on both devices although it's 1 system ? Am I the only one who thinks this sounds strange ?

Also, I am wondering if, besides basic map details also can get VAC (VFR) and even IFR Sectional and approach plates in Europe and from where ?

rgds
Per Andersen
Copenhagen, Denmark
RV-6A - AFS EFIS upgrading.

Shawn McGinnis
10-04-2016, 11:45 AM
It should be one per aircraft. The data is then loaded onto your SD or USB, then into each display.

PAN-Denmark
10-04-2016, 11:56 AM
This is the reply I got from Jeppesen:

We have Advanced Flight Systems with Navdata VFR and Obstacles BUT this company doesn’t allow a reduced price for 2 units.
It would cost for 2 units Europe annual subscription 295,00 € each.

I will follow your advice Shawn - Purchasing 1 license and then load to both USB's. Thanks.

Mgeiss
10-13-2016, 08:46 AM
There ist a cheaper way to get the Mapd Data: http://www.pocketfms.com/EFIS/

PAN-Denmark
10-13-2016, 01:47 PM
I had PocketFMS briefly installed but download mechanism on my Mac is impossible (they admit it's totally outdated) and the data for Denmark was also incorrect - Half drawn danger and restricted areas - naming of VFR reporting points were wrong) and even worse Copenhagen Area (TMA's for EKCH and EKRK) was also incorrect on the chart I downloaded (the newest), and I could not even get RNAV reporting points in - so all in all a lot of things missing - agree that PocketFMS is cheaper than Jeppesen.