PDA

View Full Version : SV-COM-X83 Radio Setup

darnold
02-11-2016, 02:58 AM
I have recently installed the SV-COM Radio in my RV10 which is a great piece of kit. However, I have a couple questions on the configuration settings. When you enter the COM Radio Setup screen the settings all appear as 0 (Squelch, Sidetone and Mic Gain). After changing the values and saving them, if I then exit out of the Calibration settings and then return to this screen the radio parameters are all 0 again. Otherwise the radio seems to work fine. So, I am not sure why these settings don't seem to be saved (or properly retrieved from the SV-COM).

Also, it would be helpful to know when the parameters actually take effect. When you change the values for example for the Squelch does it take immediate effecct (ie., as you are changing the value) or does it not actually take effect until you save, exit and the EFIS reboots? It appears to be the latter from what I can tell which is not the easiest since it makes setting and/or adjusting the Squelch quite tricky.

rvdave
02-11-2016, 06:46 PM
I think I had the same problem but for me it was not saving data correctly. Make sure after you change the data you press the enter knob before saving. Maybe that will help.

darnold
02-16-2016, 10:16 AM
Thanks Dave. I did as you suggested (which I thought I had done previously) and it worked...almost. It now saves the values for Squelch and Sidetone but no matter what I do it does not save the value for the Mic Gain. When you come back to the setup screen the value is always 0.

rvdave
02-16-2016, 03:18 PM
Not sure about that one, didn't try to change the gain.

Shawn McGinnis
02-17-2016, 01:11 PM
Ensure you are changing the settings from the SV Network BusMaster screen which should be your PFD. Navigate to CHECK -> ABOUT and look for BusMaster: TRUE. If your PFD is on the SV Network and not BusMaster, on the PFD, navigate to SET -> Hold CAL -> Advanced SV Network -> SCAN.

darnold
02-19-2016, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the response. PFD is set to BusMaster (true) but still no luck with the Mic Gain setting...it keeps reverting to 0.