PDA

View Full Version : Gps, arinc wiring

rvdave
11-01-2015, 07:54 PM
I have the "must haves" going to my pilot pfd--- vpx, arinc, a/p, Xpndr, and one gps. My mfd will have adsb and a second gps. Will arinc be shared between the two gps units? I have a gtn650 and afs gps, will either work for pfd or is one preferred over the other for pfd?

According to the install manual

The EFIS screen that is directly in front of the pilot shall be the Primary Flight Display (PFD). should have the following:
• IP Address 175
• AF-ARINC Module should be wired to the PFD serial port (#1, #2, #3, or #4)
The PFD
• The ARINC and RS-232 serial ports from a GPS Navigator (430W, GTN650,...) must be wired to the same screen.
• The GPS/NAV 1,2,3 data source for a GPS Navigator (430W, GTN650,...) must never point to the AVTN Serial port.
• The AF-Pilot RS-232 Serial port should be wired to the PFD serial port (#1, #2, #3, or #4)
• In a two screen installation two GPS units should not be wired to the same screen.
• In a two screen installation two NAV (VOR/ILS) radios should not be wired to the same screen.
• The Transponder must be wired to the PFD EFIS screen
• In a two screen installation the ADS-B unit should be wired to the MFD screen.

rleffler
11-02-2015, 06:02 AM
You have a similar set up as I do.

Put the GTN-650 to your PFD and the AFS GPS to the MFD. Like the excerpt from the manual stated, the ARNIC and GTN-650 should be on the PFD.

The ARNIC, as well as the GPS and other devices, have multiple modes of configuration. You can configure them to be local or remote. Obviously, that perspective changes depending on whether or not you are configuring the PFD or the MFD.

An example, let's say that ARNIC is attached to port 4 on the PFD. On the MFD you would configure it for Remote ARNIC. The same also holds true for multiple GPS configurations. This will allow data to be passed between the two screens.

bob

rvdave
11-02-2015, 09:24 AM
OK thanks that's good info, just what I wanted to know.