PDA

View Full Version : v12.02.02 Questions

DickF
08-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Hi Shawn,

I'm running V12-02-02 software with the Dynon charts from Seattle Avionics on a non-touch AF5600. I have a couple of questions/observations-

1. When using the FD the wingtip is "blue/grey" even though the altitude bug is properly controlling altitude with the AP. In version 10 the tip would have been yellow. Is this a change or a bug? fyi - the wing is yellow when being controlled by the heading bug - only the tip is blue/grey.

2. I have a Navworx ADS600-B installed and the map screen is properly showing traffic. The ADSB box is showing the number of ADSB targets but below that indicates "No Radar". What does "No Radar" mean? I have a Garmin 327 transponder installed and it is showing interrogations.

3. I have a single screen system and when in split screen mode the engine instruments overlay part of the map making the map difficult to read. This is especially troublesome when approach plates are being displayed. In version 10, the engine info shifted to the left. Any chance that shift can be restored in v12?

4. The map "range" distance is not being displayed - or at least I can't find it.

5. This may be a Seattle Avionics question, but I am unable to pull up approach plates for a nearby airport (F00). The plates are properly loaded on the GTN650 and I can fly the approach, just can't show the plate on the 5600. Not sure how to "de-bug" this. Is there a way to see if the data is on the USB drive?

Thanks for your help on these!
Dick

Shawn McGinnis
08-03-2015, 06:12 PM
1. When using the FD the wingtip is "blue/grey" even though the altitude bug is properly controlling altitude with the AP.
The tips follow the vertical mode of the autopilot controls. Cyan incdicated ALT:VS where Yellow would be ALT:AS

2...What does "No Radar" mean?
You aren't within range of a ADS-B ground station.

3...Any chance that shift can be restored in v12?
I'll check with the design team. You could always darken your background with SET -> ENGINE -> BACKGND

4. The map "range" distance is not being displayed
The range arc is tucked next to the COM panel or to the right of the track indication.

5...I am unable to pull up approach plates for a nearby airport (F00)
This may be a bugged airport. I do see the files on the current 1508 cycle.

DickF
08-03-2015, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the info!

Dick