PDA

View Full Version : Font size and screen space

jkgoblue
04-01-2015, 09:34 AM
Does this bother anyone else?

I just upgraded to the 5600(from the 4500) and getting used to new buttons and knobs and I'm surprised that the characters and lines seems to get crowded on the screen. Having gone from an 8.4" screen to a 10.4" screen you would think there would be plenty of room to display everything without overlapping. Case in point, leaning.

There are other pages where it just looks crowded, like on the maintenance page too.

Does anyone else notice this? Perhaps I'm just looking too hard at things and my eyes are not used to the new font style and sizes.

Just an observation.

Rob Hickman
04-04-2015, 11:58 AM
We are open to suggestions, photo shop a picture of how you would like it to look and I will see what we can do.

jkgoblue
04-07-2015, 12:55 PM
Well, I'm not talking about any major redesign or anything like that. To me it's as easy as a smaller font or maybe the whole lower engine data part of the screen could be stretched up a bit so that it would fit. Look at my old 4500 screen. Nice and sharp and clean. (the picture is a little zoomed in but you get my drift) Why can't it be like that? I just think it looks sloppy, unrefined. You have such a beautiful big screen and great resolution and yet you've got numbers on top of one another.

Just my 2 cent worth...

Rob Hickman
04-08-2015, 07:56 AM
The AF-4500 did not show the order that they peaked, we could take that away and make it look exactly the same?

jkgoblue
04-09-2015, 08:20 AM
Ahh, why didn't I notice that?? Well I certainly don't want to take away any information from the user so, no. While I'm not very good at photoshop, I did try and move things around and make things smaller to fit. Here's what I came up with.

Maybe that would work?

Thanks for listening to me on this. Love my AFS!