PDA

View Full Version : page change on unit 2 and sound mute on unit one-stick grip controlled

tomhanaway
05-31-2010, 05:43 AM
I have dual 4500's (ef and ee) along with a slave mfd all linked together.

I've set it up so audio output is only from the left side (EF) unit. I want to be able to disable audio warnings on unit one and enable page turn on unit two(EE).

So, left side input #1 is configured to button 1 to disable audio warnings?
Unit # 2 can have input #1 configured for it's own button 1 to change pages on that unit only.

Sound correct? If so, are each of these input buttons activated by simple grounding (momentary switch from stick grip) or does disabling audio need an inline (on/off) input type switch from stick grip?

If sound/audio warning is disabled by grounding to activate button #1 on left side (ef) unit, is sound permanently disabled until button is activated again by grounding or is it off for a certain period of time?

thanks,
Tom Hanaway
RV-10
Boynton Beach, FL

Trevor Conroy
06-01-2010, 09:34 AM
You may be misunderstanding the nature of that audio text under Input 1,2,3. That enables/disables the audio alert for that specific input (Ex. Canopy, Tank Transfer...etc). It does not enable/disable system audio. You only need audio from one of your EFIS screens. You can just turn the volume on the second unit down to 0%.

As far as page swapping, you have that correct.

tomhanaway
06-01-2010, 10:12 AM
ok.
So any audio output from the EF is coming out from pin 18 of the DB25.

then to disable audio, i can just put the on/off switch in between that output and the pse audio panel?

Tom H.