PDA

View Full Version : AF5400 Questions

darnold
09-13-2014, 11:36 AM
I wasn't sure where I should post questions for the AF5400. Maybe we need another forum?

Anyway, I just received mine as an upgrade to my 4500s. Presently, I have only swapped the MFD. So I still have my 4500 EFIS alongside the new 5400 MFD. It does look great and really nice to use. A few initial questions:

Does the 5400 have the six-pack panel screen/page? Unable to find it.

How do you change the knob list configuration?

How do you enable / disable pages?

Finally, I think I found a bug in the software. I have the baro set to millibars (since I am in the UK). When you touch the baro below the altitude ribbon, a set of numbers appear toward the bottom of the screen. However, it will not let you enter a new setting. Only the 2 and 3 keys are enabled (I assume this is a feature to enter a setting in Hg but of course doesn't work for millibars).

I am looking forward to installing the 5400 EFIS soon.

Rob Hickman
09-14-2014, 08:44 PM
I will test it in the morning and have Brian send you the updated manual.

chardks
09-15-2014, 08:24 AM
For the AF-5400 six pack page press SET->EFIS->ANALOG to enable/disable.

There are no configuration menus for pages and knob functions like in the AF-4500. The pages are designed to be navigated via single-finger swiping eliminating the need for page configuration used in the AF-4500. However, knob function selection may need some more flexibility but will need to be addressed in a future release.

We will fix the Baro keyboard entry selection mechanism in the next release. Until then you will need to use the knob to adjust the baro like it is done with the AF-4500.

darnold
09-16-2014, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the reply. Makes sense on the page configuration. Would be useful (but not crucial) to have the ability to customise the knob functions like on the 4500.

One further potential issue I have found. It won't let me enter numbers on the weight and balance page (the one with a picture of the aircraft). I can move between the various positions and I can even move the positions but am unable to enter a value.

darnold
10-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Thanks for fixing the baro entry...works fine.