PDA

View Full Version : Screen shut down and c of g question

petehicks
05-18-2010, 05:03 AM
I have been going through the last of the configurations prior to flight and I have 2 questions.
1. All of a sudden only one of the two screens (EM) will shut down completely after master is turned off. (After displaying the "on battery" message). The other screen(AF) just goes to internal battery and remains on without displaying the message, and needs to be manually switched off with button 2,3 or 4. Is there something I have changed unknowingly in the config?
2. For the metrically minded, can the c of g page be configured for KGs. Whist it is possible to change the weight and arm figures, there is no conversion factor to change gal to Litres that I can see. I don't won't to mess with this unless it is feasible. Any help much appreciated.

Trevor Conroy
05-18-2010, 07:55 AM
If any of the units are turned off or the network hub is turned off while the engine is running (or they are receiving airspeed), they will remain on battery power.

You can change the units from Gallons to Liters if you go to the Calibration Menu (Check -> Maint -> Admin -> Calib) Select Tank 1 and Tank 2 to change the units.

petehicks
05-21-2010, 04:18 AM
I had already changed units to litres and calibrated the tanks. That works O.K. I also changed "aircraft.afd" to kg and metre units were appropriate. Unfortunately when displaying the C of G page, The"total fuel" line still says (gal) and the weight it gives is still using the wrong correction, giving an excessive weight. What am I missing? Thanks for further info.