PDA

View Full Version : ADSB & TIS-A Traffic

danbenua
05-03-2014, 04:00 PM
I have a Trig transponder that displays TIS-A traffic on my AFS 5500. Now I am installing the
Dynon ADSB receiver. Is there any reason to keep my transponder traffic output connected to the
5500 serial input? If I have them both connected, will there be any confusion between the traffic messages from the two different sources?
Thx,
-Dan

Rob Hickman
05-06-2014, 02:11 PM
It will switch between them, keep them both connected.

danbenua
05-12-2014, 07:34 AM
Hi Rob,
Test flew the ADSB yesterday. Lots of traffic was displayed, and the About->WX page showed
ground stations in site and lots of messages. The only annoyance was the near constant appearance
of my ownship return surrounded by a yellow warning bubble.

What seemed to be missing was weather. It was a nice day so I did not expect radar images, but
in a 30 minute flight the Metar, TAF, and TFR counters all stayed at zero. I also confirmed that no
metars were available on the airport info pages. Am I missing some configuration option to enable
text weather reception?
Thx.
- Dan

Rob Hickman
05-14-2014, 09:16 AM
1. Do you have your N-Number and ICAO address configured correctly in the Transponder?

2. Have you configured the EFIS Transponder Menu for the N-Number and ICAO address? The EFIS uses this info for filtering out your plane, leave the EFIS Transponder setting Disabled.

danbenua
05-14-2014, 11:29 AM
Hi Rob,
Thanks. I'm sure your point #2 will fix the ownship issue. Any suggestions on the text weather reception?
-Dan

Rob Hickman
05-16-2014, 11:42 AM
1. Make sure you have the ADS-B Receiver setting in your transponder set to UAT only.

2. In the Check > About > WX menu see if the FIS-B counter is getting data.

reeja
01-07-2015, 05:18 AM
Hi rob,,,
Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up.

Franz
01-14-2015, 06:24 PM
Could you let me know how to connect the Power Flarm to the 5600. It is my understanding that it is compatible and will display trafic.
Franz
RV7